PRP, also known as Platelet Rich Plasma, is one of the best solutions for hair loss. Stem cells can develop into any different types of cells required by the body as well as repair damaged tissues.
Hair transplant using stem cells is usually performed by first removing a small part of the skin with hair follicles in it. These hair follicles are then replicated in a lab and then transplanted on the scalp, typically in the bald areas. This process will help the hair to grow all over the scalp.PRP is also used to treat the following diseases,
- Spinal injuries
- Ligament damage
- Muscle Tears
PRP hair treatments are used in various forms of hair loss such as male pattern baldness, female pattern baldness, and scalp folliculitis, an inflammation of hair follicles around the scalp. It is effective in stimulating hair regrowth, reducing inflammation and increasing the thickness and volume of the hair.
PRP procedure is performed in the following three stages :
- Firstly, blood is collected from the patient’s arm and centrifuged.
- After 10 minutes, blood will be separated into three parts – platelet poor plasma, platelet rich
- plasma, and red blood cells.
- Platelet rich plasma is then injected back into the scalp that is in need of hair growth.
- There is no recovery time for this procedure and is considered safe.
- Injury to blood vessels
- Calcification at the injected points
- Scar tissue
- Acute or chronic diseases
- Metabolic disorder
- Low platelet count
- Thyroid disease
- Platelet dysfunction syndrome