They are devices used in the process of skin needling. This is also referred as microneedling treatment or collagen induction therapy
The actual dermaroller is made up of a small solid wheel attached to a little stick that propels it backwards and forwards across your face/scalp in small sections. The numerous tiny needles penetrate skin to a depth of up to 2mm (depending upon the needle length).This process has two major benefits:
- Effectively stimulates collagen production. The microscopic punctures stimulate collagen in dermal layer and it breaks some of the blood vessels directly below the surface of the skin. As the blood clots, creates the right environment for collagen and elastin formation.
- Provides a clear channel for tropical gels or creams to be absorbed more effectively through top layer of skin.
Electrocautery is a safe procedure but it has a few minimal risks, some of them include,
- Fine lines and wrinkles.
- Anti ageing / Skin tightening.
- Acne scars- pitted scars.
- Open pores
- Skin texture improvement.
- Stretch marks.
- Hair loss.
Most patients describe microneedling treatment procedure as “uncomfortable” but not painful. Topical local aesthetic creams are applied to make dermaroller treatment comfortable.
Usually 2-5 sessions are required for the optimal result. Face, Hands, Neck, Back, Chest and Scalp can be treated. Generally you will experience some redness of the skin for few hours after procedure.
Microneedling Treatment – Who is it for? Patients with acne scaring, fine lines, those who are looking to improve skin texture and tightness. It can be done on all skin types from light to dark.