A patient might need Body Slimming or Shaping procedures for two basic reasons:
- Right after a massive weight loss in order to remove the excess sagging skin
- To achieve a body shape by targetting specific areas
Body slimming/shaping involves procedures that can provide the following:
- Remove the fat
- Remove excess skin
- Tighten skin
- Re-contour the body.
Body Slimming / Shaping Procedures
- Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty) is a cosmetic surgery procedure used to make the abdomen thinner and firmer by removing excess skin and fat from the middle and lower abdomen to tighten the abdominal wall muscle.
- Liposuction (Lipoplasty) is a type of cosmetic surgery that breaks up and sucks the fat out from the body usually from the abdomen, thighs, buttocks, neck, chin, upper and backs of the arms, calves, and back. The fat is removed through a cannula, a hollow instrument, which is inserted under the skin using a powerful, high-pressure vacuum connected to the cannula.
- Arm lift (Brachioplasty) is a surgical procedure to reshape and provide improved contour to the upper arms and connecting area of the chest wall.
- Buttock, Hip or Thigh Lift: where the surgeon will make an incision along the lower back, from hip to hip. The excess skin below the incision is then pulled up, lifting the buttocks. The extra skin and fat are then removed.
- Circumferential Body Lift is commonly performed in patients who have lost a great deal of weight and skin elasticity by removing the excess skin, fat, and soft tissue from the abdomen, flanks, and backs.
- VelaShape is a body contouring treatment that uses light and radio energy to shape, smooth and remove excess fat. It uses a combination of RF waves and infrared light energy paired with vacuum and a mechanical massage. This will reduce the size of the fat cells.
- Breast lift (Mastopexy) is the plastic surgery mammoplasty procedure for raising sagging breasts of women. This is done by changing and modifying the size, contour, and elevation of the breasts.
- Low-level Laser Therapy (laser body sculpting) emits cold laser energy into body tissues, which is taken in by fat cells to be broken down and absorbed into the body.
- Radio Frequency treatment delivers controlled energy to excess fat areas, creating heat deep within fat cells and subsequently destroying them.
- Skin Tightening is done to stimulate the skin to shrink by placing the laser under the skin and heating it.
- Overall body Lift will help reshape the upper or lower body by removing overall excess skin, fat and may improve cellulite — especially after losing much weight.